Five Simple Ways to Help Franciscan University
There are many ways to remember Franciscan University of Steubenville in your estate plans, and you may be surprised to discover how inexpensive most of these are.
- Amend an existing insurance policy to add Franciscan University as an additional beneficiary.
- Visit your personnel office and ask to amend your group life insurance policy or retirement plan to add Franciscan University as a primary or secondary beneficiary.
- Instruct your lawyer to prepare a simple codicil to your existing will, creating a bequest for Franciscan University.
- If you’re over 65 and disappointed with the income you’re receiving from your stocks or your certificates of deposit, consider Franciscan University’s charitable gift annuity program. Besides providing attractive tax benefits, this easy-to-accomplish gift may reward you with higher annual income.
- Deed your house to Franciscan University using a transfer on death deed.
Although we do not practice estate planning, we do have a planned giving director who can sit down with you and explain these things to help you get the ball rolling. For your protection, he will urge you to check with your professional advisors before completing any planned gift. He is also available to meet with your advisors to assist in the process. You will appreciate his knowledge about planned giving, and his commitment to honor your wishes.
The materials provided on this Web site are for informational purposes only and are not intended as legal or tax advice. We strongly encourage you to consult your own tax or estate planning advisor, preferably an attorney or certified public accountant, before making any substantial gift.